You might be wondering where I went off and disappeared to.
The truth is, it isn’t that I forgot to write or didn’t feel like it. I promise I’ve sat down almost multiple times to whip up a blog post...but it just wasn’t happening. Call it writer’s block (or an existential crisis), but I don’t know what to talk about or how to talk about it.
I mean, for crying out loud...look at me now. I’m writing about not being able to write. Yikes.
Let me start by saying that this was a really busy summer for me. I had summer classes, Ramadan, and an internship going on, but you know what? For everything that was happening, I feel like I got a lot out of it. Here it is!
2. Make As in both of my summer classes.
3. DO SOMETHING CRAZY (Can’t disclose because my mom reads my blog but when I read this in 20 years, I will know).
4. Have a sunset picnic (maybe a lot of bugs got in my hair but you bet I DONE DID IT).
5. Read 5 books:
6. 100 hours at my internship! Wohoo!
7. Tried a bunch of new places (mainly coffee shops):
9. Had a really fun sleepover Austin discovery weekend with some friends that involved kayaking, horror movies, and too many heart to hearts.
10. Watched a BUNCH of movies, from Annabelle to Kumail Nanjiani’s The Big Sick, and too many episodes of Parks and Recreation (which, I declare to be THE BEST SHOW EVER).
11. Made 6 whole entire new friends who live in my heart!!!!
12. Flew on a plane. Alone.
All in all, this summer I didn’t get to travel exotic lands or take a cruise. Instead, I stayed in Austin, and I discovered something extraordinary: so many worlds live in small towns! Every single day is a adventure if you are brave enough, sailor!