- Master, understand, and appreciate Calculus.
- Have a blessed and fruitful ramadan.
- Learn to drive, and when I do, never stop discovering.
- Take a night swim, + glow sticks and lemonade.
- Accept and appreciate the concept of thrift shopping.
- Make 5 new paintings that I can recreate with my eyes clothes.
- Have a patriotic July fourth because ‘MURICA!!!
- Spend a day at the beach, at least once. During my time at the beach, I must not worry about being tanned or getting wet. I must dive headfirst in the water and swim to my heart’s desire.
- Have a water fight with only people I love.
- Go stargazing, telescope and all.
- Have a giant trampoline slumber party where I learn and share secrets.
- Learn to cook all my favorite foods: from macaroni to fruit tarts.
- Make a terrible, sloppy, yet fantastic summer horror film with my friends and family.
- Earn fat, fantastic biceps that I can smash the patriarchy in half with. :-) :-) :-)
- Spend a day at the museum: actually read the captions and refuse to look at my watch.
- Have 5 thought provoking, change inspiring photo shoots where I really learn and challenge myself.
- See fireworks. No photos, snapchats, or videos. Just my eyeballs and magnificent sparklers that light that sky.
- Make 10 new friends of a different religion, ethnicity, viewpoints, and ideals.
- Take multiple pictures and actually develop and album them.
- Go to a drive in movie theater.
- Read five new books.
- Finish the holy Quran at least once.
- Actually edit, perfect, and upload my vlogs and summer experience.
- Start more conversations with strangers. No, they don’t have to reply to me. They don’t even have to respond to me. I just have to try sparking a conversation with someone and rid my fear of rejection.
- Complete everything on my bucket list.
As the textbooks slam shut and the sun shines for longer, we enter a new season of life. For some, this season will be like any: it will pass swiftly between Netflix and summer classes. For others, it will be life altering. It will be a time of renewal, replenishment, and change. And for the first time in my life, I finally feel like I have the right to categorize my new season as the latter.